It’s almost the third Sunday of the month! On May 20, from 2-4pm, the FLBC will meet at the club hives out by the nature center. Sunday’s agenda:
- making a split of one of the club hives (if hive conditions allow);
- what to look for on your first inspection;
- how to use hive tools and smokers.
As we inspect the club hives, we’ll also talk about “what do I do if I see this in my apiary” (from nothing to whatever we need).
You should bring the following with you:
- Your bee suit (or at least a veil – no need to bring hive tools);
- Water (there is none at the hives);
- Folding lawn chair if you want a place to sit and rest;
- Camera (if you want);
- Any questions you might have!
See you Sunday!